Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday Morning Bagel

This morning's bagel sandwich was a triumph. I was feeling pretty decadent, so today I decided to pick up a bagel sandwich from Barney Greengrass, the Sturgeon King.


Barney Greengrass is always a madhouse on weekend mornings, and today was no different. Screaming people everywhere. Come on, guys. It's just brunch. But whatever. Luckily for me, there was no line at the deli counter so I got my nova, onion, and tomato with scallion cream cheese on an everything bagel pretty quickly. A short walk home and some careful redistribution of ingredients later (I like my cream cheese to be on both sides of the sandwich, which almost no deli ever does (what the f, delis, everyone likes their cream cheese on both sides), and I only like a thin layer of nova, so I saved some for later. Also I put a touch of salt on the tomato before putting it all back together, because I always forget not to order tomatoes in the winter when they're totally mealy and flavorless.) and I ate like a king. And I felt like one too, cause much to my surprise, this sandwich cost nearly 15 bones. You got me, Greengrass. You really got me.

No comments: