Monday, February 16, 2009

Sandwich for Breakfast

The oatmeal sandwich was too much for me, but here is a breakfast sandwich WE CAN BELIEVE IN.

PB & Banana. Listen I know peanut butter is OUT right now on account of all the sickness and sadness and whoops! our peanut butter tested positive for salmonella but we're going to sell it anyway because we're the motherfucking Peanut Corporation of America and we do what we want because WE OWN THIS TOWN. But I bought this peanut butter long before the recall, so I'm fine, right? That's how safety works, right?

Unlike my last pb&b sandwich, this time I mushed it all up together, which is why this sandwich looks kind of gross. Click to enlarge or something. I swear it looks less like weird tuna salad close up. I used these two peanut butters:

Is it not cool to eat specialty peanut butters during the recession?

4 comments:

fonzo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fonzo said...

toasted? mashed bananas? something tells me you've missed the point of the pb&b all together.

why not put a fancy zipper on your sweatpants while you're at it? wear socks with flip-flops? Or train your dog to return the neighbor's newspaper? I don't think I've made my point yet but I have to go. My neighbor's at the door and he seems angry.

Unknown said...

Wow, this is weird. I cleaned up in poker last night and was telling somebody how I can now afford a victory sandwich for lunch, then I searched on victory sandwich and found your PB&B sandwich (which I love) and then I clicked on the link to take me to the sandwichblog home, and there's another PB&B sandwich. Amazing!

Emily said...

i am looking forward to more sandwiches that i can believe in!