Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life Sandwich

Sorry, Sandblog buds. I didn't mean to bring you down with that last post. I mean, the Death Sandwich was trying it's best, and maybe I didn't give it a fair shake. Anyway, to balance the tone I'll show you a really great sandwich I just made moments ago, a little homage to one of my all time favorite sandwiches, the Beautiful Prosciutti:

See how the sun beams around it like it's rising up to heaven? This mock-BP has spinach, basil, sundried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and prosciutto on a sort of stale baguette. Forget that I said that thing about the baguette- it was fine. And yes, I know what you're thinking, the Beautiful Prosciutti has arugula ("spaceship leaves" for our British readers) instead of spinach. But I didn't have arugula in the house, and nobody's perfect, right? Oh, crap. I also forgot the hot peppers, which, if I were to rank the ingredients in the real BP, it'd be like, number 2 or whatever. Right up there with the arugula. This is horrible.

3 comments:

molly said...

Now is as good a time as ever to tell you I lied about the basil. I didn't have any of that either.

Unknown said...

Long live the Suzy Special.

fonzo said...

these are the kinds of oversights I would expect over at Ilovesandwiches.blogspot.com, but not here.